Financial incentives & placements
Learn about how you can receive financial incentives to cover the costs of wages and training when you provide a job placement to a qualified candidate.
Our Job Development team can help make hiring new employees more affordable. We can help you access funding to cover the costs of wages and training when you provide a candidate a job placement for a defined period of time.
In order to participate, you must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario and provide employment in the province
- Provide a placement that does not replace existing or laid-off employees
- Comply with legislation pertaining to human rights, health and safety, employment standards and privacy
- Provide proof of appropriate WSIB or alternative workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third party insurance
To qualify for a placement, you may not:
- Hire immediate family members, such as a parent, spouse, sibling or child as a trainee
- Be receiving government funds from any other source for the same training placement
The amount of funding that you can receive is a negotiated amount based on several factors including the length of the placement and the background of the new hire. By working with our Job Development Team at ReStart, it is possible for you to obtain financial incentives to offset the training and wage costs associated with the job placement.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact at 613-539-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org