Learn about the Apprenticeship Signing Bonus that can help you offset the cost of registering and training an apprentice.
A $2,000 Apprenticeship Employer Signing Bonus (AESB) is available to employers who hire, register and train an apprentice who participates in a placement through ReStart. To qualify, a relevant apprenticeship training plan must be created for the participant. In addition, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario and provide employment in the Province
- Provide a placement that does not replace existing or laid-off employees
- Comply with legislation pertaining to human rights, health and safety, employment standards and privacy
- Provide proof of appropriate WSIB or alternative workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third party insurance
You may not:
- Hire immediate family members, such as a parent, spouse, sibling or child as a trainee
- Be receiving government funds from any other source for the same training placement
Signing bonuses are awarded to the employer in two payments:
- A initial $1,000 payment when an individual’s apprenticeship training agreement is signed and registered with the ministry
- A final $1,000 payment six months from the apprenticeship signing/registration date if the apprentice is still working and training with your organization
You may also be eligible to receive a training incentive up to a maximum of $6,000. This amount must be negotiated and what you can receive depends on the complexity of the participant’s training plan and the duration of the placement.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact at 613-539-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org